Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's your success story?

I recently read an article in the Harvard Business Review by Athena Vongalis-Macrow and Andrea Gallant titled "Stop Stereotyping Female Leaders". The authors state that women's leadership programs should not present a successful woman leader as 'superwoman' but should identify women leaders who show that leadership is feasible, flexible and appealing at all stages of a career. Further, they state that women's leadership programs should stop focusing on barriers, glass ceilings and struggles and instead focus on narratives of success.

I loved reading this because I think that the ATHENA leadership programs do this and I'd like to hear your stories to confirm my belief. We have over 6,000 ATHENA Award recipients and thousands more nominees who have a story to tell....and the time has come to share yours. This is your opportunity to stand out and self promote. If you send me your story, I'll post it on this blog and will select a few to post in our monthly enews. You can send it to ddinkel@athenainternational.org. I look forward to hearing from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment